1. Home

David Beaulieu

Landscape Edging

By October 3, 2006

What are your choices in landscape edging? I answer that question after first explaining why one would wish to use landscape edging at all. Choices for landscape edging include wood, plastic, metal and masonry; I show you how to install it in this article.

Comments

March 11, 2007 at 10:29 am
(1) john says:

Do you know where I can find just a picture of green landscape edging on the internet I want to put the picture in my landscping software database.

March 11, 2007 at 7:50 pm
(2) landscaping says:

Sorry, couldn’t tell you off-hand.

March 14, 2008 at 9:39 am
(3) Russ Wilson says:

If you go to YardProduct.com you will see different colors of aluminum landscape edging in the photo gallery under Info Center. Thanks.

August 2, 2008 at 5:43 pm
(4) CArol says:

I need to purchase some additional black QuickEdge lawn edging to add on/replace some of my existing QuickEdge that I purchased some years ago.
I just read your October 2006 article on lawn edging & noticed a photo & narrative for black QuickEdge lawn edging. Do know where I can purchase more QuickEdge?

August 2, 2008 at 9:16 pm
(5) landscaping says:

Just a guess, but check a Home Depot or Lowe’s for this kind of landscape edging.

January 27, 2009 at 6:35 pm
(6) Chad Livingston says:

I noticed in installation you excavated four inches for the concrete paver edging. I think four inches is a good depth, but it seems that filling the trench with sand, as you propose (“Consequently, we’ll want to excavate 4 inches, lay down about 2 inches of sand (packed down), then lay the concrete paving on top of the sand base”), would allow grass to migrate under the concrete paver edging. We are in Colorado Springs, CO and I have seen many lawns where grass migrates under and between this type of an edge. Perhaps an extra step could be added to help prevent grass migration into the bed. For the do-it-yourself-er, I suggest using another edging that goes deeper into the ground in addition to the Quick Edge material.

Another option would be to utilize a poured-in-place concrete border such as “A Better Edge” to provide a mow strip, a weed barrier and a mulch retainer all in one. These types of edging are installed professionally, but can save maintenance in the long run.

August 15, 2010 at 3:00 pm
(7) shelly says:

Carol,
I just bought the black Quick edge at my local Walmart in the outdoor section. It is called Eco edge Quick edge. It is made by Suncast and comes with 40 six inch sections (20ft.). It cost me about $ 9.97 a box plus tax of course. Hope this helps.