Photos of plants expedite identification, and to that end I have assembled pictures of poison ivy in the present gallery. Follow the links within my gallery to access related information on the plants -- and on the skin rash they cause.
I am often asked, "What does poison ivy look like?" Indeed, it's more than merely an academic question, since being able to identify the "itchy vine" with confidence can prevent you from an unfortunate encounter with it -- or, more specifically, from developing the rash that often follows an encounter with it.
In addition, I also present pictures of poison ivy look-alikes, for the sake of comparison. There's no sense in being afraid of these wannabes: save your energy for avoiding the real thing!
- Pictures of Vines Mistaken for Poison IvyPicture of Boston ivy leaf.
- Pictures of Vines Mistaken for Poison IvyBoston ivy foliage picture.
- Pictures of Vines Mistaken for Poison IvyFall foliage photo of Boston ivy.
- Pictures of Vines Mistaken for Poison IvyPicture of young leaf from an English ivy vine.
- Pictures of Vines Mistaken for Poison IvyThe older leaves of English ivy vines are dark green.
- Pictures of Vines Mistaken for Poison IvyPhoto of English ivy vines climbing wall.