Photos of plants expedite identification, and to that end I have assembled pictures of poison ivy in the present gallery. Follow the links within my gallery to access related information on the plants -- and on the skin rash they cause.
I am often asked, "What does poison ivy look like?" Indeed, it's more than merely an academic question, since being able to identify the "itchy vine" with confidence can prevent you from an unfortunate encounter with it -- or, more specifically, from developing the rash that often follows an encounter with it.
In addition, I also present pictures of poison ivy look-alikes, for the sake of comparison. There's no sense in being afraid of these wannabes: save your energy for avoiding the real thing!
- What the Young Leaves of Poison Ivy Look LikePicture of young poison ivy leaves.
- Young Leaflet PicturePoison ivy leaves are sometimes notched.
- Leaves of Young Poison Ivy PlantsPicture of poison ivy.
- Pictures of Poison Ivy - Color ChangesPicture of an orangy poison ivy leaf.
- What Does Poison Ivy Look Like?What poison ivy looks like.
- Pictures of the Flower BudsPicture of poison ivy flower buds.
- Poison Ivy FlowersPicture of poison ivy flowers. As this picture shows, poison ivy flowers are rather unremarkable.
- Pictures of Poison Ivy -- Ripened BerriesPhoto of the white berries of poison ivy.
- Picture of Poison Ivy LeafPicture of poison ivy vine growing on a stone wall.
- Pictures of Poison Ivy -- Picture of Fall Foliagepoison ivy's fall foliage
- Pictures of Poison Ivy - Autumn Foliagehe autumn foliage of poison ivy plants ranges from yellow to orange to red.
- Pictures of Poison Ivy - the Aerial RootsHave you wondered what those hairy vines are climbing up trees?