Who's Really the Bad Neighbor?
- Isn't guest, anonymous capable of getting along with anyone? Everyone is so jealous of her, they trash her Halloween stuff, they shine lights at her house, etc. This woman is badly in need of psychological help. She is getting to be a real pain here. And if all this stuff she moans about is true, it's likely to be so because she's driving her neighbors nuts! There are 2 sides to every story. I'd like to hear her neighbors' side of the story. And if things are so bad, where is her lawyer? Why doesn't she take them all to court?
- —Guest catsfromhell
Neighbor Warned About Cat From Hell
- My crazy neighbor (I'll refer to here as "the Pig") continues to be a real pain in the ass. She is asking everyone for food now. She smokes a pack a day. She attacked the wife of a friend on the bus and I had to buy flowers and write a nice note to say I'm sorry. I begged the landlord not to renew her lease. Landlords don't have to live with the people they rent to. The Pig would have been long gone if he had to. The people in the other units are great: we had a nice dinner one night, we passed inexpensive xmas gifts, and we talk all the time. No one talks to the Pig. Update (from prior post): Kid's getting better, though. We hope he keeps getting better, so he can have a real life. I do have a cat from hell, and I had to post it so that if the Pig was dumb enough to pick him up, I'm not liable for her boo-boos. He's so cute (until you touch him)! I wish this woman would just leave. The bad ones stay, the good ones leave.
- —Guest catsfromhell
Living Next to Husbands Ex-Wife
- She is living off her handicapped child. She installed cameras, and yet she is the one who causes all the problems. Cameras have been up 2 years and it's obvious we don't do anything. She needs professional help! Cops have been here over 20 times. She has driven through our driveway to get to her daughter's yard. Calls me names in front of my children. Called cops 3 times. Nothing happened, of course. Called building commission about our pool, out building, fence we had put up. It is very sad how bitter she must be. Her 2nd child, who is 26, tried to intimidate my 12-year-old child by calling her names and threatening her. I think mental illness might run in their family.
- —Guest Kim
- New noisy neighbors (1) left their dog locked up in their laundry room barking, howling, and crying for hours at a time. After talking with them, the third time it happened, I called the police. And I'm the ass? They have a pool and trampoline. Their children shriek. I used to say I loved the sound of kids laughing, but this shrieking and screaming at the top of their lungs is awful. The parents do not teach self restraint. Neighbor 1 has no respect for those around them. Other new neighbors (2) moved in across the street and started an illegal Freddy Fix It shop. He fixes cars, motorcycles, wave runners, you name it. It is NOISY. I complained, and I'm the ass? Where do these people come from? Noisy neighbor 1 and Noisy neighbor 2 are friends. We all live on a canal, yet noisy neighbor 2 sits on his FRONT porch and talks loudly. Why rent a house on the water, then sit in your front yard? His wife hacks up hairballs at 7:30 AM everyday. GROSS.
- —Guest irbgirl
Nosy, Bossy, Arrogant Neighbors
- My husband and I are twenty and have two kids. We have worked hard to get to where we are. We are renting a house for the first time, and we had an agreement with the landlord. We fix up the place, we don't have a deposit. We moved in about six months ago, and our neighbors have been nothing but rude. They seem to feel entitled to tell us what to do because they knew the homeowner, who happened to raise my husband. My husband is Hispanic, and when we came the night before we signed the lease to set off bug bombs, they had nothing but contempt for him. Apparently "people like him" bring trouble. Anyhow, it took a few weeks to get the garbage day figured out, we're first timers after all. We apologized for the mess as we renovated, and got it cleaned up as much as possible. Once we had caught back up with things I thought the glares and comments would stop. They didn't. They literally check our garbage cans to see how full they are. Is that not twisted?
- —Guest distressedrenter
Bad Neighbor Story
- I live on 7 acres, and over two, I have my house and gardens and trees and landscaping. A neighbor has pasture that butts up to the back of my property. He is an air conditioner repair person and dumps old units out there. I have planted cedar trees as a blind and habitat for birds and to block his junk. Twice he had horses and cattle break through my fence and eat and trample a lot of my pride and joy. After many nice complainants and no respect, he was informed I would have all his animals picked up by animal control. So far, he has taken them off his property, but still waiting on my fence repairs.
- —Guest Judith
Imitation Not Sincerest Form of Flattery
- I can't believe this problem is so wide spread. I've been living on my block for 3 years. I have neighbors from 1 side who copy everything I do. He stalks to see when I'm outside and runs out there to water at the same exact moment I'm doing it. This stalker never did any of those things before I moved there. They try to incorporate the same exact techniques I use for my yard. I have seen him spying over to my yard in the bushes and runs off when he gets caught. I just ignore those neighbors now. I run off when they come out. I come back later to water my plants and do my stuff when they're not around and it works. I'm going to be placing security cameras if they start harassing me. The lady across from me runs outside whenever I'm outside. She will do the same exact things I do, from cleaning up the yard and the street to watering at the same time. She's an annoying b*tch. My other neighbor copies my clothes, hairstyles, even how I hang my clothes outside, my laundry soap -- you name it. Copying is stalking.
- —Guest wow
- Great. I have to deal with two idiots, one across my driveway and another nut next door. He has five cats pooping all over my property (in my garden) and peeing on the balcony. Their cats sleep on my concrete furniture, then in the morning he has his dogs pooping all around the street, and they leave beautiful doodles on my pavement. Then in front of me I have a psychotic woman who obstructs my driveway, and it just blows me away how inconsiderate some people can be. But karma is a b*tch and it will revolve right back at them without me touching one ounce of their disgusting existence.
- —Guest jtsix
Advice to forgot10 Knight
- You should call the local police, they should have an animal control officer-speak to him. Entrapping a neighbor's pet is illegal (here), and by baiting the trap even more so. If this does not work, get a bank loan and build an 8 foot fence, which will really burn his butt. It's not really the cats, it's you. I have several neighbors who love my cat because he cleans up mice, moles, and excess rabbits. Maybe you could ask pain in the ass if he wants help with that. But I'd go with the fence.
- —Guest catsfromhell
The Rats Hate My Fence!
- Where do I start with my bad neighbors? Their kid broke our fence panels throwing a baseball against them. Then I found a freshly-lit, 4-inch cigar burning in the dried grass next to fence that is attached to house. They brought rats with them and let them loose in neighborhood. I bird-shot one in my Weber grill and another on the roof cutter. I think the family suffers from ADD.
- —Guest unknown
Good Fences Solve Bad-Neighbor Issues
- I agree with Sugar. Don't look in my yard! My horror story is a rickety fence, under 6 ft tall. The bad neighbors across the alley and next door look in my yard and yell obscenities at me. They don't take a break on the holidays, either. I'd like to rip them a new one, but I think I'm going to try for an 8 or 10 foot fence.
- —Guest sickofthis
Don't Go to Court Without a Lawyer!
- My neighbor is still harassing us even though we took him to court for harassing us and threatening us and destroying our property. His crooked lawyer got him off. Also, we had a very biased woman Judge who dismissed his protection order case. The troublemaker neighbor lied through the whole thing while my mom told all the truth and the judge and the lawyer knew that. Unfortunately, my mom didn't have a lawyer. It was a very unfair trial. Just a warning for other people that have problems with their neighbors and take them to court: get yourself a lawyer. We will never have peace with this neighbor, but God knows this neighbor lied and he will get even with him.
- —Guest Anonymous
My Freakin Lawn!
- Ok, I also have a bad neighbor! He is on and off like a light. He replaced his back deck and we share a lawn (they are sort of connected). I was away for a week. I come back and there's big ruts from a truck being parked on the front lawn. I'm a big guy (I'm not used to people trying to fight with me). I knocked on his door to ask about it and he went on how its not a big deal, saying the grass will grow back. I said I'm worried about the ruts and that he needed to fix them. I was very polite. He went on with his rant, acting like I was doing something wrong by not wanting him to drive a truck on my front lawn. Man, I wanted to punch his ass in the face! So now I have big ruts on my front lawn, and to top it off, I've been mowing his lawn for him all summer just to be nice!
- —Guest Markymark112
Blowing Leaves in My Yard
- I've been living in this place for the last 10 years without a problem. But 2 years ago, I decided to put a fence around my property, because the other side of the yard is apartment. Ever since the fence was put up the stupid people living in the apartments blow leaves into my back yard.
- —Guest Lina
My Neighbor's Cows Won't Shut Up!
- I live in a rural area and my neighbor has 25+ cows. Those cows keep me up at night! They also have 9 horses that broke the fence and one mated with my horses and got her pregnant. They broke the fence twice. Both times my friend came over and somehow got them back. These horses are crazy and I can't keep them out!
- —Guest Tired