Nextdoor Newbies With Attitude
- So the neighbors next door moved in after we were well established and their attitude was immediately apparent. We used the front of our house for our teens' cars but they parked there. And when asked to please move them to their empty driveway or empty space in front of their house, they got mad. It only escalated. They had frequent parties with loud music playing into the night, and we put up with it for a couple of years until his 30th birthday (well named a "white trash party") went late with loud music. So when asked to turn down the music, the drunk partiers said NO and someone tried to damage our car and their party came equipped with a visit from the police. Since then we have had vandalism in our side yard, rose bushes being cut down, others being sprayed with something, the edge of my yard being sprayed with something that killed the grass, lit cigarette butts thrown at my wooden arbor, beer cans tossed into my landscaping. We have security cam now and they fuss about that and do dances for us now and show everyone who comes over. Wish they'd move.
They Cut Down My Uncle's Memorial Tree!
- My 90-year-old mom just lost her husband of 67 years. Now that he's gone, the neighbors are harassing my mom by cutting down her trees. She begged them to leave the tree my uncle (from England) planted during his last visit to Florida as a memorial because he was dying of colon cancer. They cut it down despite my mother's tears. Then they went on to trim her beautiful blooming Bougainvillea that she loves so much. I'm irate. I live n California and am disabled. Her English family is coming to take her back for awhile. This is the family that planted the tree. Can you imagine how they will feel when they see that it's gone? The neighbors claimed that the tree had rats that were invading their property. Their property is a mess. My Mom takes care of her land and she doesn't have rats. I'm wondering if we should contact her attorney and let people know that just because she's alone, she still has people looking out for her and make them pay for another tree just like the other one.
- We have immature neighbors next door. People who grew up around here all say the same and they are not very popular. These people are in there 40's and act like they are 14 years old. They love to fight and love to gossip and when they get mad they love revenge. Need I say more! They don't seem to have many friends and I can see why! They know all of my business but I am a person that says what I think . If they want to spread it around it isn't anything I haven't already said to the people who deserve it. I have a bunch of very nice neighbors all around us and I will just find people I don't have to waste my precious time on.
- —Guest monica
- I live in Glendale AZ in a condo where 13 people are living in a 935 square ft condo. There are 9 children, 5 under 5 sleeping in a 10x11 bedroom. The cops, CPS and DPS (welfare) have been called with no avail. They don't work. There are 4 adults living there and not one of them work. They bought a newer vehicle, new tires for all 3 vehicles, a large grille and other goodies. How do welfare recipients get so much when the rest of us working citizens barely are making it? Their kids yell and cry all day, and even ear plugs don't work. I leave as much as possible so I can have peace of mind. It is very hard seeing these families getting away with it. I was raised with 10 other bros and sisters and we had respect for my parents and the neighborhood. We just knew what to do. Kids nowadays have no respect, and the parents are lazy. They don't take the kids to a park or away. The kids scream and cry because they are always in trouble, because they want to do something other than sitting around.
Neighbors From Hell and Back
- I am from a family of 12 kids and can't believe the neighbors who have moved in. We have the mother, 2 daughters and daughter's boyfriend with 9 kids. 5 of them are under 5. They scream, ride their bikes and big wheels and are just so noisy. I have tried to let the parents/grandma know of the constant distraction. When I am getting in my car I hear them saying, "Here she comes, I guess she's gonna call the police." I asked them if they want me to call the police since they are not following the rules of the association? They didn't know what to say since I caught them. The association does zero. They don't enforce the rules and the police are all customer service for the criminals. They have 9 kids and 5 of them are boys sleeping in a 10x11 room. CPS is doing zero too. Isn't it against the law to have boys and girls in 1 room? I thought it was. I am ready to find a neighborhood with no kids allowed.
Nosey and Gossiping Bad Neighbor
- We bought our house 13 years ago and I should have checked out the two neighbors who live on each side of me. We share a common driveway. The one lady neighbor runs around the neighborhood spreading gossip and gets other neighbors so that all I get is bad looks and stares. All of this because I don't get involved with her gossip lifestyle. She watches everything my husband and I do. We can't work in our yard without her coming over bothering us and will not let us have any privacy. When I go outside to my car she is right there; she's everywhere when I'm outside. A busybody, annoying neighbor.
- —Guest Peg
Rose Between Two Thorns
- Your bad neighbour descriptions might as well be written by me, since I can relate. One neighbour wants me out of the neighbourhood because I am in my eighties. The neighbourhood yokels plus these two neighbours run cars, vans, quarter tons with noise maker attachments to their vehicles. They watch me like a hawk, staring up at the windows, stopping on the street in front of the house. I make myself invisible but this makes them search me out. They seem to think I might be naked in the windows! Even through the night there is a car moving in front of my house. If I answer my phone they know I'm in. Then the cars, trucks start running up & down past my house & follow me If I drive to church. All in the hope I will move somewhere else. I've had to call the Provincial police on them many times. Out of frustration I have driven down the highway at three o'clock in the morning blowing the horn for all I'm worth. When things get too bad I phone the Provincial Police.
- —Guest Forever Female
Bad Neighbors - -Me or Them?
- For twelve years I have lived peacefully with all my neighbors until new people started moving in. One new neighbor made his wife park her school bus on my lawn because he didn't want her damaging his. Every Fourth of July and New Years eve he would shoot fireworks at my house and leave them there. Another one moved in and immediately told me I have to move my mailbox because she was notorious for backing into them. Then my next door neighbor moved in and decided to spray Roundup 3 feet into my yard, so he could replace my lawn with what he wanted . Then he said he did it because he was confused. Six months later he has replaced his lawn but not mine. He turns his sprinklers on late at night and is killing my trees and causing weeds to grow in my yard. Now he and the mailbox neighbor are spraying weed killer in my yard to kill the weeds he is causing to grow there. The newest one says I am a bad neighbor because I asked her not to let her dog crap on my lawn. Am I really bad?
- —Guest shamoham
Bad Neighbors in Montreal
- I've lived in Lasalle, Montreal for the past 4 years. Our neighbors are one of the worst kind! They play their music so loud that my walls and my floor vibrates, and in the summer time, oh man, they have like 50 people from their families hanging out in front of my door (I live in a duplex). Even after everything they put me through, I still remain very polite with them because my parents raised me well. Our neighbor is a single mother and she has like 4 kids that are I think 15 or 16. When I took the place I said, oh, it's not gonna be that bad, it's a single mom taking care of her kids, but boy, was I wrong. All she does is sit on her ass drinking a beer on her porch with her mom and stay there from 10am to midnight. Like seriously, go get a job instead of living on welfare. Her kids, they always watch me and my BFF as if we were from another planet (they're black and we're white). Anyways, I'm moving soon, and this time I took a place were there's an administration in the building and security camera.
- —Guest Mimi
Bad Neighbor? No, Insane Witch From Hell
- I have an upstairs neighbor who is completely insane. As soon as my roommate and I moved in, she took it upon herself to shoot angry looks 24/7. We attempted to be civil by opening the door for her (she is an older, 55 yr old woman, we are both girls in our early 20s), and these kind actions seemed to only elicit more hostility. Well after she left a HUGE dent in the side of my car (she parks beside of me and it happened at night; when I got to the car her car wasn't there -- it had to have been her), and she made no apologies, said nothing. I had no energy to deal with it. The icing on the cake was when I was trying to get into my car early on a Saturday morning in a rush and she had her car door open blocking me from entering my car. I asked politely if she could move the door. She laughed and said I had to wait and then continued to insult me. I finally lost it and cussed her out and got in my car. She then began cursing at me too and danced behind my car and told me to grow up. Scary.
- —Guest amy
- My grandma lives in a ground floor flat with one neighbour living above her. The neighbour has disabled the lights both outside and in the main corridor he and my grandma share. This recently almost broke my uncle's ankle. If it had been my grandma, she might not have been so fortunate. He has also placed a lock on the cupboard which contains the switches that control all the power in the complex. He made a ramshackle-looking shed on part of my grandma's property which neighbouring children play on. Everyone in my grandma's complex has complained on numerous occasions to the landlord but nothing has been done.
- —Guest Anon
Malice Towards Cats, Horses
- My bad neighbor is angry over not allowing him to flood my house by water from the hillside by putting in a trench up the hill for water to his house, of which he will not take responsibility -- he has access to another area away from my house. We share an easement (I bought and paid for it in 1969). He threatened my cat colony, then burned plastic and rubber, as well as insecticide containers from his gully, which set a viral environment in the air for my animals and of which I had to have vet treat them. He has allowed hunters to shoot toward my barns and across my paddock with horses therein. He is trouble, so now, after 30 years, I am going to put a property fence in and law requires him to pay half -- due to his actions. I have never had them to pay before. I am tired, the attempt to hurt the animals, the trash in the gully, the debris placed in floodway, weeds in pasture are other issues that can be dealt with as well as the fence. Time to take a stand.
- —Guest HorseLady76
Plant Theft in Australia
- I have been in my rental property for the last twelve months. When I moved in, the front yard was a disgrace! The lawn nothing but weeds, garden beds overgrown. Since I moved, I have worked on making it a beautiful space. I had never had a chance before, so this was my first foray into gardening. I love it! To the point where I would devote hours to my new passion and a lot of cash too! It was looking beautiful, full bloom, tomatoes the works. Then someone stole my two potted mini roses, and last night someone ripped two pretty pink flowering bushes straight from the ground! Not to mention I have yet to taste a fresh tomato from the bush, just as they ripen they are ripped from the plant! I have put a motion sensor owl out front now and hope this will deter scum, but I am so angry! Wanna finish the job and move them all out back, but there isn't enough room.Advice?
- —Guest Sara
- We live in the northern suburbs and have indigenous neighbors a few houses down that steal. Before you call me racist, they have broken in multiple times both day and night and are constantly in my yard saying, "I'm looking for my football." The last time they broke in, they stole all our electronics and games and went through all our containers looking for valuables. We know where they live but it's such a sensitive matter and we can't just say they live there, go get our stuff back. Any ideas?
Bad Neighbors: No Common Sense
- I should have known that all people do not have common sense. Loud music, a child screaming, stomping and an unwilllingness to change. My neighbor is all this. So bad that I am trying to move. If people just used common sense on what's appropriate and what's annoying, things would be better. Good luck to all... next time I will do my research before I move.
- —Guest What is going on